At Houston Transitions to Wellness and Counseling, Inc. we believe in contributing to our community at a local, state, national, and global level. We believe the best way to contribute to a better today is to be others' tomorrow. This investment takes many forms, including pro bono services, donations to charities, as well as raising money for charity.
We believe as an agency in modeling Health and Wellness and ask others to join us to move our bodies and live vibrantly. With your help, we recently completed the Graffiti Run 5K. We also set a fundraising goal of $5,000 to fund cancer research and treatment through Stand Up 2 Cancer, and have a team tag created to encourage others to donate to this critically important cause as well.
We currently offer Pro Bono Services to the following:
- Give an Hour for our Military and their Families
- Mental Health America Houston Chapter
From 2012 - 2016 we have financially donated to:
- In 2105 HTWC was an Allied corporate sponsor for the AF SP community walk in Woodlands Texas and again raised more money than any other team except for two then we walked with over 1400 people in the pouring rain to support suicide prevention
- Two weeks later Donica Jones was asked to be One of the keynote speakers at the international survivors of suicide day.
- We have been asked to be a support group post for survivors of suicide for 2016
- Corporate Sponsor for Paying it Back to the Vets held event in Denver Colorado July, 2014
- Corporate and personal sponsor to American Foundation for Suicide Prevention As Team we took third place in Houston fundraising and as Individual Donica Jones took second place in raising most funds for the Houston Out of the Darkness Community walk held in November 2014 in the Woodlands Texas.
- University of Texas
- Md Anderson
- Whole planet foundation
- BP/MS 150 for Multiple Sclerosis bike ride from Houston to Austin
- HBU Ten Pillars of Education
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Annual Fund
- Lone Star Veterans Association get the Veterans back to Work campaign
- USO care Packages to our Service Members Overseas
- Trees for Houston planted trees due to drought and loss of trees in Memorial Park
- National Federation to the Blind Providing Braille Reading and Writing Materials for kids' class
- Accion in Colorado to help with small business loans to Accion Wildfire Victim Aid
- Off the Mat Promote Yoga around the world
- Common Threads Provides Family Matters Class to Promote Healthful Eating Habits
- DonorsChoose.org for "Bully" Awareness Prevention Filming
- Kids caring for Kenya providing mosquito nets so people will not die from malaria from bites during sleep
- Sugarland Junior Achievement
- Stand Up 2 Cancer
- University of Texas at Austin general Fund
- Houston Baptist University
- University of Texas Liberal Arts College